Sunday, June 27, 2010

Naked Raygun : 7" Series #2

Folks who keep up with the Facebook page know by now that I've been a big fan of Naked Raygun for years. So I started foaming at the mouth when I heard they were recording new material. Of course, I wasn't sure if we were going to get Throb Throb era NR or Raygun... Naked Raygun era. Kinda neither on this 2 song 7' release.

The sound leans more towards an in between point placed somewhere in the middle of All Rise & Raygun... Naked Raygun, but skipping over the quality of Jettison & Understand?.

Though I can't expect a lot from a band that hasn't recorded in like, 12 years, this left me satisfied as an NR fan. Not completely blown away, but it didn't piss me off. It's another item for the NR section in my record collection. I'm waiting to see if they shake off the rust on their sound over the next few 7" they release. Hopefully they'll release a collection of these songs on disc or better yet, release a full record. Fingers crossed for another Jettison. (Yeah, I expect too much)

No comments:

Post a Comment