Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Gentlemen Broncos : Why Was This Made?

Ok, I get the whole story. Aspiring young writer gets ripped off by his ego-driven idol, blah, blah, blah. I also get the whole outsider thing that the director, Jared Hess has beaten to death in Napoleon Dynamite (Which I actually liked). But one can only watch so many hours of awkward misfits stumbling through life before you say... "Get your shit together, fuckers!". Gentlemen Broncos is an insult to the whole "coming of age" genre. Ghost World. Awesome. Napoleon Dynamite. Perfiectly fine. Rushmore. A must see. This film is something you set on fire and toss at kids you don't want on your lawn. The ONE exception of this film that was interesting was the performance of Jemaine Clement (from Flight of the Conchords) as the egotistical author. I'd go into further details on the plot and what not, but folks.... I've already wasted enough of your time talking about this cinematic atrocity. Fuck the people who wasted valuable resources in making this movie. May they be damned to watch this film forever.

(Though most will be able to relate to the scene where the kid throws up in disgust after watching an indie film adaptation of his work) The irony.

1 comment:

  1. i would have to agree with you on that :3 and also i would enjoy throwing this burning movie at children who got on my yard but sadly i didnt care enough to buy a copy myself :P and why waste my precious gas on this??? dinosaurs deserve so much better

    ReplyDelete